Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cirque Metropolis Collection - May Release: Hustle

Hi guys! I'm back with a monthly release from Cirque Colors. The Metropolis Collection is a monthly series of creme finish nail lacquers highlighting the great city of New York. For May, we have a bold chartreuse creme called Hustle.

The formula on Hustle is on the thick side, but it self-leveled pretty amazingly. I had doubts while applying it, cause it looked so uneven. But I looked away for a minute and voila! it totally smoothed out by itself. I used 2 coats with Cirque Holdfast base coat and Liquid Laminate top coat.
Now onto the colour, I feel that I need to mention that for some reason this leans a lot more yellow on me. I can only see hints of green on it in certain angle/lighting, most of the time I see this more like a bright mustard yellow. I took so many pics of this and they all look pretty much this way. I could've colour-corrected this to look like a chartreuse green, but I'd rather for you to see what I see. 
Also note that I have a warm skin tone with yellow undertone, that could have affected how certain colours look on me.

The first two pics were taken in my usual light box setup with daylight bulbs. 
cirque-colors-hustle


cirque-colors-hustle


Below pic was taken under direct sunlight (second day mani).
cirque-colors-hustle

In the shade..
cirque-colors-hustle


This is available from Cirque Colors starting May 1st, 2015, and from their stockists some time after that. You can find the complete list of their stockists in this link


Connect with Cirque Colors

**Products were provided for my honest review

XO
Novi

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thorough review! I ordered this one- I have yellowish undertones too, but I'm really hoping it won't lean that way on me. Such a unique colour either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've only swatched Hustle on a wheel, but for me it looks mustard in natural light, but definitely chartreuse in artificial. So strange when polish does that!

    ReplyDelete