Monday, January 26, 2015

Cirque Colors Metropolis Collection (February) Doyers

Hi guys! Today I have swatches and review for Cirque Metropolis Collection's February release. If you remember, Metropolis Collection is a monthly release series of creme finished polishes inspired by New York city. 
This month's release is a bright cherry red creme, called Doyers. The formula on this one is on a thick side but still very manageable and applies easy, and reach opacity in 2 coats. I think this red is very flattering on my warm skin tone.
Cirque Doyers

Cirque Doyers
I've never been to NYC, so I googled the name and found out that it's inspired by a 200-foot-long street in the heart of Chinatown in Manhattan. I immediately connect this shade to the red envelopes that's usually given out during Chinese New Year (or other special occasion). It also happen that Chinese New Year/Lunar New Year falls on February this year. Coincidence? :) I think it's cool to see a February release that's not 100% based/inspired by Valentine's day. 

I did a gradient using Doyers and Empire State of Mind (from January release), and topped the gradient with Cirque Au. The gold flakes represent the gold printing on the red envelopes. 



Doyers will be released on February 1st, 2015 on www.cirquecolors.com, and will be available on their stockists on a later date. 
In Canada, Cirque Colors are available online from Harlow & Co. and Nail Polish Canada. You can check out the complete stockists list in this link.

Connect with Cirque Colors

**Products were provided for my honest review


XO
Novi

4 comments:

  1. I adore that gradient! What a beautiful red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the gradient too, but red all over the cuticles are a pain to clean up, lol.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, that gradient + the gold flakes is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! The gold flakes really pop, I love it!

      Delete