Monday, August 18, 2014

Swatches: Formula X Beacon & Magma

Hi guys! Today I have more Formula X polishes to show you. These are treats from the awesome bf when we went to the mall on the weekend. Always say yes when you're asked if you want to go into Sephora, right? ;)
I always get overwhelmed when looking at Formula X nail bar, so many to choose from, and I'm not that familiar with their collections to know which are the most desirable ones.  I'm usually drawn to the sparkly/shimmery side. Both my picks are from The Liquid Crystals collection. From the names you would think this has some sort of glitters in it, but it's actually more like fine flecks that make the finish is so shimmery and look like foil-ish finish.

Beacon, a royal blue base jelly packed with blue flecks and violet shimmer that you can see in the bottle, on the nails it shows up in low lighting. I have to note one thing about the formula on both, they are not the same as when I tried the sample bottle in store. Most likely because it has been opened and used way too often, the formula is thicker and opaque in 2 coats. But when I use my new bottle, the formula is thin and sheer on the first coat, but you can build it to opacity. What you see here is 3 coats + top coat.

Formula X Beacon

Formula X Beacon

Formula X Beacon
Magma, such a perfect name, a vibrant orange with orange/gold flecks and shimmer. Same formula as Beacon, also used 3 coats + top coat. This was picked by the bf.
Formula X Magma

Formula X Magma

Formula X Magma
Again, I'm not disappointed with these polishes. A bit high on price point at C$16 each, but it's ok for a once in a while treat ;) 
What's your favourite Formula X shade? 

XO
Novi

1 comment:

  1. These are both stunning! I especially like Beacon. I have only tried a few at the nail bar, but haven't bought any. Now I'm drooling over Beacon.

    ReplyDelete