Saturday, May 24, 2014

Swatches & Review: Neons by OPI 2014 Collection

The collections that I was so excited for is finally here! My local Chatters finally got them, and totally spoiled by the bf who went and got me the entire collection. So now I have swatches to share with you guys. 

You might have heard that neons are notoriously hard to photograph. These are no exceptions. I'm gonna mention all the similarities in these polishes here, they all dry to a semi rubbery finish and 1 coat of top coat is needed. They all also look a little brighter in person than the pictures here, the light box soften up some of the shades. 

Put A Coat On, a white base released with the collection to boost up the colors. I used 2 thin coats for all the swatches, it is fairly easy to apply compared to regular white polish and not thick. 

You Are So Outta Lime!, my favorite of the collection! While I wouldn't call this neon, this is still a really nice bright lime shade. I used 3 thin coats over the white base. 
OPI You Are So Outta Lime!

OPI You Are So Outta Lime!
Down To The Core-al, a bright neon coral shade. It leans more orange on my skin tone and the most difficult to capture. There's a really subtle sheen in it, more visible in person. A bit streaky on the first coat, but leveled up itself and top coat smooth out the streak. Also used 3 thin coats.
OPI Down To The Core-al

OPI Down To The Core-al
Push & Pur-Pull, a bright purple, but not quite a neon. This one gave me the most problem, had to use 4 thin coats. I find this one is not as streaky when not applied over the white base. 
OPI Push & Pur-Pull

OPI Push & Pur-Pull
Hotter Than You Pink, a neon barbie pink. The pics are not showing the brightness accurately. This is much brighter in person! I also used 3 thin coats here. Like Down To The Core-al, this one also has a subtle shimmer in it.
OPI Hotter Than You Pink

OPI Hotter Than You Pink
Life Gave Me Lemons, a bright- almost neon yellow shade with green undertone. I said almost neon because while this is really bright, I've seen a brighter yellow neon. I used 2 coats over the white base.
OPI Life Gave Me Lemons

OPI Life Gave Me Lemons
Juice Bar Hopping, an orange neon, the brightest and most neon in the collection! If you think the pics look bright, it's even brighter in person. Blinding. You'd want this. I used 3 thin coats.
OPI Juice Bar Hopping

OPI Juice Bar Hopping
I'm also showing you how these look without Put a Coat On. Below, all the shades are shown over regular base coat, and 3 coats of the shades. You probably won't notice much difference, but in person it's really noticeable. Without the white base, they are not bright at all, except for Juice Bar Hopping.


Overall, it's a half neon, half brights collection. There are some that I really like, like You Are So Outta Lime, Juice Bar Hopping, and Life Gave Me Lemons. Which one is your favorite?
Neons by OPI and Put A Coat On! can be purchased from your local professional salons, or online from Nail Polish Canada.

XO
Novi

12 comments:

  1. You make them look really pretty. I like You Are So Outta Lime the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think You Are So Outta Lime will look fantastic on you :)

      Delete
  2. You're So Outta Lime is my favorite too. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are fantastic! Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous swatches, I definitely need this whole collection now! Especially Push and Pur-Pul, regardless of the formula!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! Push & Pur-pull is definitely gorgeous, I'm planning on wearing it again soon :)

      Delete
  5. Down to the Core-al gave me so many problems! My pics of it turned out awful. LOL. You did a great job with these swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! So it's not just me! Lol! It's my least favorite from the set :p

      Delete
  6. These are beautiful! And he's a keeper haha

    ReplyDelete