Sunday, September 22, 2013

31DC2013 Day 21: Inspired By a Color

Hello!!

So.. I'm behind on my challenge. I was out almost all day yesterday, and wasn't feeling too good when I got home. But the main reason (read: excuse) is what the heck does it mean, inspired by a color?? Lol. But I was relieved when I see most of the bloggers who's doing this challenge has the same question about it. Anyway, I guess the idea of this challenge is to see how you interpret the theme on your mani. So you can do no wrong, since people don't always have the same idea of things, right? ;)

I decided to pick my favorite color, blue, and work with it. In this case, I picked 5 different shades of blue. I started with painting all my nails with white polish as a base, then I painted a stripe with all 5 shades side by side on a foil, dipped and drag a fan brush on it and did diagonal strokes to create this almost water color looks. 








Here's the list of colors used:
OPI My Boyfriend Scales The Walls
OPI What's With The Cattitude
OPI Can't Find My Czechbook
OPI Ogre The Shrek Blue
OPI Into he Night
Nails Inc. Baker Street


XO
Novi

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I agree...Inspired by a Color is such a weird prompt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way, lol!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I definitely need to try some kind of fan brush technique. That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete